Back Pain Treatment with a Northbrook Chiropractor
If untreated, back pain can hinder one’s daily activities.
Chiropractor’s at Our Northbrook Chiropractic Care Center Guarantee
- Understand and use a wide range of diagnostic skills
- Certified Providers of Corrective Chiropractic Treatments
- Dedicated to Your Good Health
Our Chiropractic Clinic Can See You Today! Call us To Schedule! (847) 564-9500
Sometimes people who experience back pain have such severe discomfort that they are unable to focus on any other activities which they have in their daily lives. When you are unable to move properly and efficiently, it can literally impact everything else going on in your world. To get through the day, some people choose to take over-the-counter painkillers, and possibly even medications prescribed by their doctors.
However, this approach really only manages your back pain for a short period of time, and when the medication wears off, your discomfort will return with a vengeance. There’s a much better approach to managing your back pain, and it will provide long-lasting and even sometimes permanent results. You can reclaim your normal life and either greatly reduce or completely eliminate your back pain when you come to visit your Northbrook chiropractor at the Align Wellness Center in Northbrook, IL.
The first thing we’ll do after interviewing you, is diagnose exactly what is the source of your back pain, and after that our focus will be on treating that source so we can eliminate the underlying cause of your discomfort. This is by far the best approach to managing any kind of back pain you might have, because it goes right to the heart of the problem, instead of merely masking the symptoms for a temporary period.
What Causes Back Pain?
Reasons you might experience back pain
As you might guess, there are all kinds of causes for back pain, both minor and major, so it’s extremely important to find out the specific cause for your back pain before formulating any program of treatment. By far the most common cause of back pain in most people is poor posture and poor spinal alignment. Ironically, this is also the most overlooked and ignored root cause of back pain, usually because people have lived with poor posture for a number of years, and it has become part of their daily life without realizing it. Here are some of the issues which poor posture can cause:
- disc degeneration – as you age, poor posture and spinal alignment will cause the loss of fluid between the vertebrae of your spine. Your bones may become compressed and you may develop bone spurs, and both of these developments will trigger a reduction of the cushion between the joints of your spine, and cause you pain and discomfort
- abnormal spinal movement – when your spine is abnormally aligned, it will affect the way the spine and the whole body moves. As a result, you will move abnormally and wear out or degrade the joints of your body, thus causing additional pain. u
- unable to perform normal activities – because you’re feeling such pain and discomfort from the abnormal functioning of your spine and your posture, it will naturally cause you to perform your daily activities in a different manner, or in some cases to drop them altogether. You may no longer be able to squat, lift, bend, or carry objects around the household.
- pinched nerve – whenever you have an abnormal alignment in your spine, it can put undue pressure on the nervous tissue in the surrounding region. This will in turn, cause you to experience a sensation of numbness or tingling, and possibly even weakness in your extremities.
What can a Northbrook Chiropractor do to relieve Back Pain?
Back pain treatment
At the Align Wellness Center, we use several techniques to address any back pain that you might have. Firstly, we will generally be able to use gentle chiropractic manipulations on your back to help restore joint function, and to help realign your spine. Once the normal curvature of your spine has been restored, you should experience normal functionality from your body.
We also use several different corrective exercises to help strengthen your muscles and to help stabilize the spine into a proper position. This will help to prevent a regression to your previous poor posture alignment. We may also recommend traction in some cases, which will stretch out your spine and relieve pressure on the individual vertebrae.
In some cases, cold laser may also be beneficial to help you recover from whatever back pain you might have. Whatever combination of methods and techniques we use, you can be sure it will comprise a program which is customized to your specific set of circumstances.
At Align Wellness Center, we offer chiropractic care, cold laser therapy, disc compression therapy, sciatica treatment, and so much more to relieve pain, restore spinal function, and restore structural integrity. Also, we offer wellness programs for those who are seeking to remain healthy in the long run.
Book an appointment with us today!