The Correlation Between COVID, Vertigo and the Vaccines
Is there any connection between COVID, vertigo and the vaccines? We’re in a time like no other, there are so many different stresses that we’re under that are complicating how our body and our health works, this makes it increasingly difficult to make connections on anything. Each day we learn more and more, which is what has caused so much concern about coronavirus, the vaccine and side effects of the two.
Is Vertigo a Symptom of COVID?
One thing to keep in mind is that dizziness is a very nonspecific term which describes a broad type of symptoms. Vertigo and lightheadedness specifically have been associated with COVID; you may even continue to experience vertigo after COVID recovery.
Vertigo is the sensation that you or your environment is spinning uncontrollably, making you dizzy and disoriented, whereas lightheadedness is feeling like you are about to faint. You may also feel dizzy but not as though you or your surroundings are moving.
Does the Vaccine Cause Vertigo?
While there has definitely been a rise in the amount of people suffering with vertigo issues, whether or not COVID, vertigo and the vaccine are related is hard to say. There are many factors that could contribute to vertigo such as:
- Wearing Face Masks – While face masks may protect you from the spread of COVD-19, prolonged use of masks over a period of time alters the amount of oxygen that enters the body, which could cause adverse side effects over time.
- Change in lifestyle – Many of us have recently had to alter our lives quite drastically due to the pandemic. Sitting at your desk for extended periods of time could cause the cervical spine to compress due to poor sitting posture and could contribute to vertigo.
- High stress – The pandemic has affected everyone and has put a lot of emotional and physical stress on the population. This high level of stress could be another thing factoring into the rise of vertigo symptoms.
Unfortunately, there simply isn’t enough research yet to accurately determine if the vaccine is responsible for vertigo. According to a study conducted by Otology & Neurotology, there are no definite correlations to the COVID-19 pandemic or vaccination on new or worsening vertigo symptoms. More research will have to be done before we really know.
There was also a recent article published by the British Journal of Medicine and their investigation report, critiquing the methods and processes in which these vaccines we are told to take go about being researched. This only brings more questions about how these vaccines and COVID-19 itself can affect our bodies.
Whether your vertigo was caused by the vaccine or another underlying condition, seeking professional help is your best option. Making sure that your brain can connect to your body is also an essential tool in making sure that you can fight off any virus, bacteria or stressor that you’re running into, and be as healthy as you can be. If you’re suffering from vertigo right now, I encourage you to check out my vertigo steps checklist to help you find relief from vertigo fast.
At Align Wellness Center, we have helped thousands of people to restore alignment within their body and eliminate their vertigo for good. If you haven’t had your spine looked at by a corrective chiropractor, this could be a reason your vertigo has returned or continues occurring. We offer an in-depth exam to determine exactly what we can do to help with as much detail for you as possible. It is called the 3-Dimensional BioStructural Analysis, and the process involves the following:
- Timeline history
- Digital posture exam
- 3-Dimensional posture exam
- Chiropractic, Neurological, and Physical Exam
- Spinal radiographs (if needed)
- Digital biomechanical analysis of your spine
- Insurance verification (by our insurance team)
- Separate time to go over the results of your test within a day or two, where we will go over:
- What is going on
- If we can help
- What the best next step is for you
- Any investment in your health that is necessary
If you’re interested, you can schedule an appointment for a 3-Dimensional BioStructural Analysis here. If you’d like tips on how you can stay healthy and well without drugs and surgery, go ahead and check out other articles on this site. If you continue to struggle with vertigo and dizziness, give us a call at Align Wellness Center (847) 860-6599 or schedule an appointment online. Contact us today or stop by the office. We’re located at 900 Skokie Blvd., Suite 113, Northbrook, IL, 60062.